This panel discussion on the crisis communications in the digital age took place on 11 July 2018. Read all the highlights of our blog here: Crisis Communications in the Digital Age.
Alice Weightman CMPRCA, CEO of The Work Crowd & chairman of The Independent Consultant’s Group will lead this masterclass on how to manage crisis communications in the digital age.
With a shift from the 24-hour news cycle to the ‘nanosecond news cycle’ where everyone with a mobile phone is a potential journalist waiting to break and share your news, companies need to be more prepared than ever to both mitigate and manage a crisis. So in this wild west of digital media, how as an Independent Consultant can you make sure you are equipped with the skills and expertise to both advise your clients, potentially mitigate and successfully manage a crisis?
Joining us for this expert panel discussion:
- Abby Mangold: Founder and MD of The Mangold Consultancy. She is a Media and Communications Consultant with an extensive background, first with BBC Television and subsequently in the Corporate & Crisis practice of Burson-Marsteller.
- Caroline Randle MPRCA: Independent Senior Corporate Communications Consultant with over 20 years experience advising some of the world’s most innovative businesses such as Microsoft, General Electric, MP3, GSK and ARM.
- Tim Jotischky MPRCA: Director of Consultancy at The PHA Group. Jotischky was Editor of Metro, Deputy Editor of the Sunday Telegraph, Business Editor of Telegraph Media Group, Editor of the Scottish Daily Mail and held several senior executive positions on the Daily Mail before joining the agency in 2014.
- Justin Roux: Managing Director at Shift Actions. A former Crisis Director of a global manufacturing company, his practices and procedures have resolved incidents from government affairs, pollution, murder, kidnapping, serious fraud, health & safety incidents to the sinking oil rig and a famous serial killer.
This expert panel will cover topics including:
- How to plan & prepare for mitigating a crisis
- How to manage a crisis, taking control of the story, winning trust of your audience and dealing with the fallout through case studies
- Digital crisis: how to manage and run social channels in a crisis
Time: Networking from 6pm, for a 6.30pm start
Register your interest for free here.