Here at The Work Crowd we want to try to simplify your freelancing life. We have put together some FAQs. If you would like to know more then drop us a line; we would love to hear from you.
All applications are approved and vetted by our friendly team of Community Managers to ensure that only the most talented freelancers are part of our community. We request references from all new community members before accepting them into the network.
This means we can assure companies that they will only encounter true professionals they can trust.
If you have received an invitation from us, a member of our community, or would simply like to express an interest in joining, please register today and with a few clicks you can complete your profile.
If you would like to chat to one of our community managers first we would love to hear from you.
Call us on 0203 828 8440.
An informed, considered and ‘rich’ profile will better display you and your skills and will ultimately mean more clients are interested in engaging with you.
These are our top tips.
- Photo: Include a photo of yourself. Candidates with photos are more likely to be engaged. If you are camera shy upload a favourite place instead.
- Payment: Do include your payment details so we can pay you. After all, no one wants to work for free!
- Your pitch is what the client sees first so make sure you succinctly sum up who you are, your key skills, and value proposition.
- Uploads is where you can really have some fun! Include case studies and examples of work you have previously done. You can direct clients to these which saves you time providing examples of work to those interested. At the very least include your CV!
- Tags: Tag your key experience and market sector so we can match you to the right projects..
Tags are what match you to projects. If you don’t tag your profile our clever computer bots can’t match you to projects and your profile won’t be found by project owners!
You ‘tag’ your areas of expertise, key skills and industry sectors by ticking the relevant choices.
You have the choice to say that you have some experience or if you have a lot of experience and are a true specialist you can tag yourself as an expert.
Please tag accurately as this helps us get you in front of the right projects and the right projects in front of you! There is no point tagging skills you don’t have as it will just make you look bad later down the line.
We only charge a service fee once you win a project. This is a 15% + VAT which is taken from the project value. This covers the cost of running the site and allows us to offer support before, during and after your project.
Invoices are automated by our system and will be sent to the clients billing details, you will be copied in.
To enable our system to do this you will need to input some key details. You can do this in the message page with that particular client by clicking ‘create invoice;
Simply provide us with an invoice title and the value of what is to be invoiced and we will do the rest for you!
You also have the option to add a description of what you are invoicing for you can separately add expenses, please note 15% + VAT is not taken from these. If you have used third party suppliers to deliver elements of work, these should be included in the value section and will be subject to 15% + vat service fee. You can also include a personal invoice number, attach a document such as a timesheet. You can also set the agreed date of payment.
When your invoice has been paid and funds deposited in our dedicated client escrow account, you will be notified. We recommend that you agree with the client that you will start work once this has been done.
However some Clients may have other payment terms and some may not be able to pay upfront as a result of this. Please use your own discretion on accepting different payment terms. Funds are held securely in our client escrow account until the client releases them so once you have completed the work please remind the client to do so.
You can create as many invoices as you like whenever you like.
- Do ask the project owner what their budget is from the outset.
- Be clear about how you work, for instance, will you charge on deliverables, daily rate or monthly retainer.
- Brands tend to prefer an agreed fixed monthly fee based on a statement of work. Agencies tend to work with daily rates for an agreed period of time.
- Make sure you manage the client’s expectations; what you can deliver, to what deadline and for how much.
- Take into account our 15% + VAT charge, which needs to be built into your charge rate.
- If you aren’t VAT registered, divide what you need to earn by 0.82 to calculate the charge out rate to cover our service fee.
- If you are VAT registered divide what you need to earn by 0.85 to get a charge out rate to cover our service fee. You will be able to claim back the VAT we charge.
We realise that this will not cover all eventualities. It is to the discretion of both the freelancer and project owner should they deem an additional contract is necessary, you can agree and load this into your project message board. We will send you a template agreement when you are selected for a project, which you can review, amend and use if you feel this is necessary.
Members of our network can access our community agreement by signing up or logging on.Login Here
We want to ensure companies are matched efficiently and cost effectively to trusted and flexible Freelance talent. Below are some commonly asked questions, but should you have more, give us a call on 0203 828 8440.
In a few clicks you will be matched and connected to right talent to fulfil your retained and fixed term project and business requirements.
We provide an efficient, transparent, and cost effective way to connect and communicate directly with your freelancer and manage projects, with inbuilt invoicing, and payment release. Approved, professional talent. No recruiters. No worries.
* Instant access: to industry validated, professionals in PR, Communications and Marketing.
* Trusted Professionals: We only accept the best freelancers into our community, with references taken prior to approving them.
* Account management: You will be assigned a member of our team as your account manager. We provide a free ‘concierge ‘service to answer any questions you might have and to help guide you through the process.
* Cost effective; Working directly with your freelancer through The Work Crowd can typically save you between 15-50%
* Industry specific knowledge; By using intuitive algorithms we will match you with the right freelancers to meet your business needs and connect you immediately to get your project started.
* Saves time: No spamming, no need to spend hours filtering and no recruitment fees; what the freelancer quotes is what you pay!
* Payment protection: You take advantage of our payment protection gateway to ensure a smooth delivery. Once an invoice is paid funds are held in a client escrow account until you release them. This provides security for both sides – you that the work will be completed, with payment to the freelancer made only once you are happy with it. For your freelancer that if they do the work they will be paid. This is why we recommend to freelancers that they invoice upfront. However, if you are not comfortable with this please discuss with your individual freelancer.
This is how extraordinary projects are created and delivered.
We want to connect you with the right professionals to get your project underway as quickly and simply as possible.Login
Once your project is live one of our community managers will be in touch to discuss your project needs and help get your project started!
If you would like to have a chat with one of our team first, we would love to hear from you. Please call on 0203 828 8440 or email moc.d1506112603worck1506112603roweh1506112603t@oll1506112603eh1506112603.
- Tell us about your project: The name of the project is the first thing a freelancer will see, so sum up what or who you need clearly.
- Detail: The more detail you provide, the easier it is for us to match you!
- Budget: Be realistic about your budget, no one wants to work for free. You can indicate what day rate you are prepared to pay, monthly retainer or the total budget you have for a particular project depending on how you wish to structure things. Giving some indication of your budget will avoid time being wasted and will help ensure you talk to the right freelancer that meets your budget needs.
- But I don’t know what I need to pay? If you are unsure about what you need to pay, then do think carefully about what you need your freelancer to do. Provide a clear brief of what your business does, what you are looking for your freelancer to deliver and what outcomes you are hoping for. You can then create a shortlist of suitable freelancers and if needs be ask them to put a project proposal together, so you can more easily select the best individual that meets your business needs and budget.
- Tags: These are the key skills, experience and market expertise you need. They are also how our clever computer bots connect you to the right people to meet your business needs. Only tag the key skills you are looking for to get the best match!
Once you have created your project, you will have the option to filter your search further if needed.
- Use the resources section! The more your freelancer knows about you, your brand and what you want to achieve the more they will be able to help you! You can also use this section to load a job brief and more detailed information about the skills and experience you need.
- Call us! Most importantly we are here to help, so if you need some advice we are always happy to hear from you. Please call on 0203 828 8440 or email moc.d1506112603worck1506112603roweh1506112603t@oll1506112603eh1506112603
We take a 15% + VAT service fee of the project value from the freelancer to cover our service, provide them with additional ‘employee style beenfits’ and to provide support throughout.
If you hire one of our freelancers as an employee on a permanent basis there will be a 17% charge on their earnings in their first 52 weeks.
In the case of a dispute, our administration team will look to assist with dispute resolution between you and the freelancer where all communication has been clearly documented on our platform and clear milestone deliverables have been set and agreed. Please refer to our community agreement and please call on 0203 828 8440 or email moc.d1506112603worck1506112603roweh1506112603t@oll1506112603eh1506112603 for more information on dispute resolution.
Please call on 0203 828 8440 or email moc.d1506112603worck1506112603roweh1506112603t@oll1506112603eh1506112603 and we’ll look to assist you as best we can. We can often connect you to a freelancer within 48 hours.
- Consider your high priority skills. By changing your ‘tags’, a different selection of freelancers will be suggested.
- Some freelancers have their profile marked as ‘unavailable’ but still have some availability or up and coming availability so it is still worth contacting them to check.
Our Community agreement outlines our contracting principals, which all parties must agree to adhere to when signing up to the platform and at the commencement of a project. We realise that this will not cover all eventualities and it is to the discretion of both the freelancer and project owner should they deem an additional contract to be necessary. Community members can access our community agreement by signing up or logging on.