The modern marketing and comms industry is made up of a multitude of niche sectors, with new technologies and techniques constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible for 21st century brands. And as the umbrella of marcomms has grown ever wider, so each niche has become more distinct and specialised, requiring deep knowledge and experience in what works, what doesn’t, and how to run a successful campaign.
The sheer number of specialisms involved in marcomms means that it usually doesn’t make sense for brands to hire these skills in-house, but at the same time the cost of a full-service agency can be prohibitive for many businesses. This is where freelancers can be so valuable, offering a pool of specialist marketing and communications skills, which organisations can draw on as and when they need, at a fraction of the cost of an agency.
Looking for some top-class freelance support for your next campaign? Here’s a snapshot of the range of marketing and comms skills that now make up The Work Crowd community and the challenges they can help your organisation to overcome:
- PR: If you want to boost your profile in the media, or manage reputational issues with your stakeholders, then freelancers can support you on a part-time or project basis. The Work Crowd is home to professionals who specialise in consumer, corporate, B2B and third sector communications, as well as those who focus on different aspects of running a campaign, from developing a strategy to rolling out media relations.
- Event management: Events are a fantastic way to engage with your different audiences, helping to build customer loyalty, and generating content that you can share on social and other channels. We can connect you with experienced independent events professionals, who can help with one-off projects, or planning ongoing programmes.
- Brand strategy: Having a well-defined brand personality and purpose is a huge differentiator for businesses today. Within The Work Crowd community, you’ll find individuals who can help with everything from creating your brand values, mission and vision, to developing the look and feel of your brand, as well as the tone of voice that will bring these to life.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube… the list goes on. If you’re looking for an experienced professional to support with social campaign development, day-to-day execution, or who can deliver a paid social media strategy, then look no further.
- Content marketing: Almost half of marketing budgets are now spent on content, while two thirds of marketers say content marketing is an extremely or very effective strategy for their brand. Work Crowd freelancers can help you with everything from content strategy, to creation and then distribution via email marketing, social and other channels.
- Copywriting: All this investment in content means good copywriters are in high demand, with 77% of marketers saying that written content is currently one of their top focus areas. Whatever kind of text you’re after, from web copy to blogs, newsletters, reports or SEO, you’ll find the skills you need on The Work Crowd.
- Design and creative: And all that content needs to look good too, with the help of freelance designers who can conjure up ideas for brand identity projects, advertising, logos, websites and beyond.
- Performance based advertising: Marketing is increasingly focused around metrics and data, and no area more so than SEO, SEM, PPC and Google Analytics. Performance based campaigns can make or break your online visibility, traffic and sales. The Work Crowd can connect you to freelancers who know their stuff.
- Advertising: Same goes for more traditional advertising disciplines, including developing campaign strategies, media planning and running social media advertising campaigns.
- Insights and analytics: And finally, the glue that holds it all together; the market research, social analytics, qualitative and quantitative research skills that not only help you to plan campaigns that will appeal to your audiences, but also measure and evaluate whether they’re delivering results.
With brands under pressure to be more responsive and fast-moving than ever before, having a pool of specialist skills to draw on at short notice can make all the difference. Furthermore, The Work Crowd community spans the whole range industry sectors, from fintech, to pharma, to film. So whatever your needs, to find out more, or post a project, then drop us a line at moc.d1596875740worck1596875740roweh1596875740t@oll1596875740eh1596875740 or give us a call on 020 3828 8440, and we can chat through how it works.