‘Freelancers on Freelancing’ is our latest series in which our freelance community share insights on how they operate, charge and the tools they use for a successful freelancing career.
1. What’s your area of expertise?
Marketing Strategy and Digital marketing.
2. When did you start freelancing?
3. How do you get new clients?
Mostly through referrals and networking, but also via the Work Crowd and LinkedIn.
4. How do you charge? (Project/Day/hourly?)
I mostly charge per project, based on the estimated days.
5. What tools could you not live without as a freelancer?
Canva for all my graphics work and FreeAgent for my bookkeeping.
6. How do you keep in the know about the latest industry trends?
Follow other freelancers and organisations of interest.
7. What services are your clients asking for in 2022?
Email marketing and content creation
8. What skills do you think will be most in-demand this year?
SEO and paid for advertising
9. What’s your top tip to maintain happy clients?
Clear communication and transparency.
10. Describe freelancing in one word