In our latest series ‘Freelancers on Freelancing’, you’ll get an insider look at how our community of freelancers operate, how they charge and the tools they use for a successful freelancing career. We kick off with Digital Marketing freelancer Mel Fitzsimmons.
1. What’s your area of expertise?
2. When did you start freelancing?
3. How do you get new clients?
Nowadays it’s mostly through referrals, however also LinkedIn and platforms like The Work Crowd
4. How do you charge? (Project/Day/hourly?)
My quotes are unique for the project/Client and are based on deliverables.
5. What tools could you not live without as a freelancer?
Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Ads and Trello!
6. How do you keep in the know about the latest industry trends?
Following other Digital Marketing experts on Linkedin and Instagram such as @smeaminer and @beanheathmarketing.
7. What services are your clients asking for in 2022?
PPC and LinkedIn Advertising.
8. What do you think will be most in-demand this year?
Paid media is in huge demand, along with SEO specialists.
9. What’s your top tip to maintain happy clients?
Clear communication from the start and a very thorough Services of Work doc/contract for transparency on work and timelines.
10. Describe freelancing in one word